..

Let's face it we love our bullets more than most of our relatives. In fact everyday when I kneel in front of it (to check the oil, tyre pressure, chain or brake slack people confuse the ritual with praying. And praying it is, for another day of joyous ride.
So everytime I had to take my bull for maintenance it made my heart ache tranferring my love to someone else's care.
With time I have developed the art of maintaining my Bullet. With time I have also developed a circle of mechanics who I can rely on. Why a circle? you might ask. Is one good mechanic not enough. Plain answer is no. Like in the case of every doctor, lawyer or banker you need a second opinion.
So I am listing down my tried and tested mechanics around NCR. In case you have any more to add do inform and I'll add them in my poll list. if they recieve enough positive polls I'll review them too.
A word of advise, always treat your bullet mechanic with the respect they deserve, be friendly with them and they'll really take care of your ride. Otherwise you are just another job to be gotten over with.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Natraj Royal Enfield Review

Natraj Royal Enfield

On the left side of NH8 in Gurgaon is your trusted Motoradd Werkstatt . On right side of NH8 in the old Gurgaon you still have Royal Motorcycles. However what do you do in case your cruiser gives up on the NH8. In that case the only option that you are left with is Natraj Royal Enfield. The place looks like a typical roadside rig with four brick walls, bamboos supporting a flex banner and an assortment of unmade Enfields. The proximity of crematorium and the dead Bullets in the shed might seem like an inauspicious omen to some. Though pushing your Bullet to any other nearby mechanic might lead to more inauspicious results. Better stay and you might still have your ride ready for the road.

Location of Natraj Royal Enfield


As you are travelling on NH8 from IFFCO chowk towards Crowne Plaza, on your left you'll pass road leading to leisure valley. Cross the road and immediately you'll see a lot of cars on your left side. Slow down and turn left into the opening leading to those shops and you'll find the Natraj Auto Shop. It is a very strategic location given the habit of our Bullets breaking down in the middle of nowhere. Though middle of nowhere also means that complex parts will not be available so easily.
For location I give it 6/10

Locality of Natraj Royal Enfield

There was not much around except a busy highway before. The place is now slowly evolving and currently has its own set of car mechanics, bike and car washing place, a local dhaba and a wheel alignment shop. Since the whole setup is on an unauthorised piece of land there is no saying how long and how much more this place will prosper.
For locality I give it 5/10

Overall knowledge of Natraj Royal Enfield

Praveen the owner of this place has got enough knowledge to sort out your day to day problems. I would however not recommend this place for major breakdowns.
For knowledge I give it 7/10

Care and ownership at Natraj Royal Enfield

You have to be extra careful at this place about your ride. The people here have a rough way of showing their love. I had twice had to replace my battery belts because it was yanked with such genuine passion that it broke. Once my battery lock was hammered close resulting in a permanent lock that no thief could pry open. The fact that even my key failed at opening it resulted in me buying a new lock. Electrical wiring are done so dexterously that in figuring out how many more electrical points have gone wrong you might blow a fuse.
For care and ownership I give it 5/10

Sophistication at Natraj Royal Enfield

What do you think?
For sophistication I give it 5/10

Overall ease at Natraj Royal Enfield

You can get Bullet servicing washing waxing and lubing in one place. That is a distinctive benefit. For major parts and repairs you might have to wait while the parts are sourced.
For overall ease I give it 6/10

Genuine parts at Natraj Royal Enfield

I have had issues with the quality of parts here from brake shoe to engine oil. The local brake shoe that was provided failed within one month of use. After servicing he used an unnamed concoction instead of the regular Motul engine oil. He also kept asking me to go for servicing every 2000 kms and once at 1500 kms. Since then I stopped getting my servicing done at this place. Once he replaced my battery with a battery that everyone says should never be used on an enfield.
For genuine parts I give it 4/10

Variety/Innovative parts at Natraj Royal Enfield

The setup is too small to have even genuine parts. So innovative parts are bound to be inconspicuous.
For variety I give it 4/10

Rates at Natraj Royal Enfield

Rates are quite inconsistent. They have considerably inflated since I started adding expensive aftermarket products on my Bull. To the point that he charged me 600 rs. for a teflon coating. Which would be quite reasonable. However by teflon coating he only meant rubbing the paint with rubbing compound and then glazing it with local polish.
For rates I give it 5/10

Timing at Natraj Royal Enfield

Natraj Royal Enfield is open on all days of the week.
For timing I give it 9/10


Final Rating: 56/100

No comments:

Post a Comment